The Twin is designed for a high volume streetscape environment and suitable for any semi-public or public space with a 3-phase supply. It offers two back-to back sockets in a vandal-proof steel pillar with curved top surface so waste cannot be left on the charger. The pillar can be brand wrapped if required. The charger incorporates an RFID reader and MID-meter for financial settlement. Its user interface is language-agnostic, with user instructions in icon form and LED charging status lights. Internet connection is via GPRS/Ethernet, with data available via the chosen third party management system provider.
- Charging speed: Triple phase, 11 or 22kW
- Size: 1385 x 335 x 220 mm
- Versions: Back-to-back dual socket version only
- Case: Stainless steel with IK10 and IP54 rating
- Mounting: Ground mount
- Electrical input: Single feeder cable
- User interface: Icon-based instructions and LED charging lights
- Connectivity: GPRS / Ethernet
- Communication protocol: OCPP 1.6
- Data security: ISO 27001
- Authorisation: RFID / Plug and charge
- Meter: MID-approved meter
- User usage data: Option of Alfen management system or any 3rd party OCPP back office
- Alfen Smart Charging Network with load balancing: Connect up to 50 dual socket charge points
- Active load balancing: DSMR.4.x / (e-)SMR5.0 – P1 (NL & BE). Modbus TCP/IP – international
- Electrical standards: IEC61851-1: 2017 (ed3)
- Safety: Integrated RCDs, DC fault detection and short circuit protection
- Warranty: 2 years, extendable to 5 years
- Aftercare: Inhouse support team, remote diagnostics and tiered onsite service packages with SLAs
- Product certification: CE and DEKRA
Advanced smart functionality
Market-leading smart functionality. Supports multiple user profiles, pricing hierarchies and financial transaction settlement. It can also communicate with, and respond to, other smart technologies and solutions that share common standards and open protocols.
Engineered to last
All products are designed to be robust, safe, secure and reliable. Built in Alfen’s Dutch factory using A-grade components, all models are rigorously tested and independently certified. Each comes with a standard warranty and optional service package with service level agreement.
For ultimate simplicity of use, the Twin uses icon instructions and a charging status light to guide the user through the charging process.
Choose and change management system
Can be used with Alfen’s own management system or integrated with any OCPP-compliant back office for registration of energy consumption, historic transactions and remote access for diagnostics and upgrades.
Designed to integrate
All Alfen charging stations are designed to maximise charging speeds while safeguarding the grid connection and optimising energy use. This makes them capable of integration and interoperation with self-generated renewables, energy storage and flexible energy tariffs.
Alfen Smart Charging Network
Network up to 100 Alfen single socket, or 50 double socket, charging stations on a single site. Load balance across all vehicles charging at any one time to maximise charging speeds within the available local grid capacity. Also includes the option to set bespoke charging priorities.